FVHS is always seeking mature and reliable volunteers at this feline only animal shelter!
- Time and effort to benefit the felines in the Mission community for a non-profit organization
- Resume-worthy experience and expertise with felines…of all temperaments and ages!
- Feline-handling, basic health care, and feeding
If you enjoy being around felines, are able to commit from 2 to 10 hours weekly, scheduled around your availability, then we would love to hear from you!
Duties include but not limited to:
- housekeeping (cleaning and disinfecting feline residences)
- feeding and watering
- laundering cat blankets and toys
- maintaining cleanliness of common feline areas (sweeping, mopping)
- participating with fundraising events
- entertainment (playing with the cats, exercising them and cuddling them)
- assisting with adoptions
- educating the public about our beneficial shelter programs
All volunteer applications need a up to date Criminal Records Check
How to become a Foster Parent
Kitten Foster Homes
Would you like your family to experience the fun of kittens without adding to the already over population of unwanted cats? If you answer is yes, then fostering is the solution.
The busiest time of the year at our shelter is kitten season. It usually runs from May to October and our small center just doesn’t have room for all the kittens that will come in. Many are orphaned, some need bottle feeding, others will come with their mom and more will already be eating solid food.
The age of the kittens when they in will determine how long we need them to stay in their foster home. At the FVHS we do not get kittens spayed or neutered until they are approximately 2 pounds and are weaned from Mom around 8 weeks old, so we would like to keep them in the foster until that time. It is important that any other pets in the home are up to date with their vaccinations.
If you are able to provide a loving, fun and interesting home environment where our kittens can be socialized to different people and animals, we’d like to talk to you. Please pop into our shelter and ask how you could become a foster family.