Fraser Valley Humane Society, Mission
Permanent, full time (Tuesday-Saturday with one late night per week)
Small but busy cat shelter is looking for an enthusiastic Shelter Manager to help care for our homeless cats, coordinate the activities of the shelter and provide excellent customer service. Responsible directly to the Board of Directors, this position is a combination of manual and animal care work as well as administrative and office duties with a strong emphasis on public relations.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage all aspects of shelter operations
- Managing all aspects of staffing to ensure facility cleanliness and cat health and safety are maintained to the highest standard
- Knowledge of all aspects of cat surrender, adoption, dietary and medical needs.
- Record keeping of business transactions as well as cat histories, adoptions and veterinary care
- Liaising with the public, community sponsors, vendors and vets
- Be the primary point of contact for security, fire and police
- Act as the primary representative and spokesperson for the organization
- Oversee webpage content and social media
- Know and be prepared to perform all tasks associated with the shelter’s operations both manual and administrative
- Transport cats to and from vet appointments if needed
- Secure provisions such as food, litter and medical supplies
- Ability to handle cats of all temperaments including semi-wild
- Animal care experience (not just your own pets)
- Valid BC drivers license and a reliable car
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and basic graphic design used for posters, leaflets, etc.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift 40 lbs
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision
- Must be professional and remain calm under pressure
- Multitasker with the ability to prioritize
Please e-mail your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Shelter Manager Job Posting”
No phone calls please. We thank you for your interest in the FVHS, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Date Posted: May 10, 2017 Dates Closes: May 28, 2017